What: Southern California Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (FASD) Information and Support Network Monthly Luncheon.
!!FAMILY EVENT: OUR FASD-AFFECTED LOVED ONES ENLIGHTEN US! BRING YOUR KIDS!!
* Program: Older kids, teens and young adults affected by FASD who are willing to share will participate in a panel, sharing what it means to them to live with FASD.
* For: Southern California residents who are parents, caregivers, advocates, treatment professionals or other persons who are interested in the challenges faced by children or adults who have been diagnosed with (or who are suspected of having) Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD) in Southern California and/or their families. Persons visiting Southern California interested in this network are welcome to attend any of our events.
* Where: Fuddruckers Restaurant 7802 Orangethorpe Ave., Buena Park, CA 90621, (714) 739-8801, http://www.fuddruckers.com/local/location.php?s=143.
* Date: Saturday, December 17, 2011 (and the third Saturday of each month)
* Time: 12:00 – 3:00 p.m. (approximate)
* Cost: From the menu. 15% gratuity will be added to the check.
* RSVP Deadline: December 16.
NOTE: We use evite.com for the RSVP convenience and to facilitate carpooling.
If you or someone you know has never attended a meeting and would like to receive an invitation to attend, PLEASE send the appropriate email address to Val at email@example.com. to receive an evite.com invitation for this and for future meetings.
We rotate locations around Southern California so that people from a cross-section of communities may participate and share information.
[[Please note: This network is growing in size, and may have reached a scale where alternate meeting options may work for groups of participants better than attending a meeting held on Saturday afternoons. For example, individuals may be interested in meeting in the early evening in the Long Beach/South Bay area of the Los Angeles metro area. Participants in Ventura, Kern, Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo Counties may want to form their own meeting schedule. Inland Empire (San Bernardino and Riverside Counties) participants may want to consider the same thing. If you are interested, please contact Val at firstname.lastname@example.org..]]
About the Sponsors: Southern California Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (FASD) Information and Support Network.
This is an information and support network for Southern California parents, caregivers, advocates, educators and treatment professionals of persons who have been diagnosed with or who are suspected of having FASD, and for students or professionals who are interested in the challenges faced by families affected by these conditions. Targeted to persons living or working in San Diego, Imperial, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, Los Angeles, Ventura, Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo and/or Kern Counties. Members share experiences, network ideas and resources, learn about current issues, and explore strategies to help FASD-affected individuals succeed.
The network has an email discussion list at: http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/SouthernCaliforniaFASDSupportNetwork/
To subscribe: Send a blank email message to SouthernCaliforniaFASDSupportNetworkemail@example.com. In the message body, enter SUBSCRIBE YOUREMAIL.
For example: Subscribe firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also have a group on Facebook.com See http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/home.php?sk=group_195162513856227&ap=1
Messages and updates posted to this group page can be forwarded to participants’ email address using the group’s settings. Interested individuals must have a valid Facebook.com account and must be added by an existing participant.
Contact email@example.com more information.